THURSDAY, JULY 18
- 6:00pm – 7:30pm Race Director Meet & Greet at The Fox Brewpub, On Deck
FRIDAY, JULY 19
- 9:00am – 3:00pm Packet Pick‐up Legislative Grounds
- 9:00am – 3:00pm Drop Bag Collection Legislative Grounds NO LATER than 3PM
- 9:00am – 4:00pm TRTER Merchandise Booth Open for Business
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm 100‐Mile MANDATORY Briefing Legislative Grounds, next to Packet Pick-up
SATURDAY, JULY 20
- 4:00am – 6:00am Race Day Check‐in Spooner Lake S/F 55K/50M only
- 5:00am 100‐Mile Start Spooner Lake S/F
- 6:00am 50M & 55K Start Spooner Lake S/F
- 10:00am – 10:00pm Post‐Race Food Trucks Spooner Lake S/F
- 10:00am – 8:00pm TRTER Merchandise Booth Open
- 10:00pm 100M ’17 Hour’ Cut‐Off at Stonehenge 50M A/S
- 11:00pm 50M & 55K ’17 Hour’ FINAL Cut‐Off Spooner Lake S/F
SUNDAY, JULY 21
- 5:00am – 5:00pm Post race Food Trucks and refreshments Spooner Lake S/F
- 10:00am – 5:00pm TRTER Merchandise Booth Open
- 4:00pm 100‐Mile ’35 Hour’ FINAL Cut‐Off Spooner Lake S/F
- 4:00pm Awards Ceremony Spooner Lake S/F
TRTER Need To Know Locations
The 2018 host hotels for the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs:
Plaza Hotel (in the heart of Carson City)
801 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
Phone (775) 883‐9500
Located just a few blocks from the Packet Pick up location. Special room rates negotiated for you at
$74 Standard Double Queen | $84.00 Queen Suite | $104.00 King Suite.
Be sure to mention you are with the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs. The Plaza Hotel staff has been gracious enough to get up early and provide breakfast items at the hotel starting at 2 am.
Wyndham Garden Hotels Max Casino (across the street from the Plaza and shuttle bus pick-up area)
900 South Carson St.
Carson City NV 89701
Special Rate Code: TRTER | $99.00 Double Queen – includes a limited breakfast coupon.
The Courtyard Marriott (at the south end of town)
3870 S. Carson St
Carson City NV 89701
2018 prices: $135 King | $145 Double Queen
The Courtyard will have shuttle bus pick-up as well. Again, mention you’re with the TRT Endurance Runs.
THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ALLOWED AT SPOONER SUMMIT, WITHIN THE SPOONER LAKE STATE PARK OR AT THE DIAMOND PEAK SKI RESORT.
We take pride in hosting:
- Fabulous Food Truck
- Food Truck meals are included in the entry fee for all registered participants. Family, crew members and pacers will need to purchase their own food at the food trucks. Food trucks accept cash and credit cards.
- and the ULTRA LOUNGE – tables, kick-back chairs, soaking buckets, great raffle prizes (check the board!), all under the big tents by the lake.
The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program at the University of Nevada in Reno is proud to provide medical coverage for the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs. There is First Aid / CPR qualified individuals and radio and /or cell phone communications at each aid station and medical staff at key aid stations and at the start/finish. Safety patrol personnel are deployed within each division between aid stations.
ALL REGISTERED RUNNERS must complete a medical questionnaire during the online registration process.
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this event. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, management of the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of our event.
Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
PLEASE HEED: If you still insist on using headphones during our event please remove your ear buds within 500 feet of any aid station, entering or leaving as a common courtesy to the aid station volunteers who are there to help you.
New for 2018: Everyone get on the bus! No additional purchase necessary. If you are running the race, we have a seat reserved on the bus for you. No event parking will be allowed within the Spooner Lake State Park because it is extremely limited and the park is still open for general visitors. We provide ample FREE satellite parking nearby at Spooner Junction approximately 1/2-mile from the park. Arrive at least one hour early to ensure you have plenty of time to get into the park and situated prior to the race start. RACE START BUSES There will be several 47-passenger coaches provided to transport participants from The Plaza and Marriot host hotels in Carson City to the event start on race day. No bus ticket necessary–it’s included. The coaches will have two departing times:
- 100 MILE BUSES: 3:15 am and 3:30 am
- 55K & 50 MILE BUSES: 4:15 am and 4:30 am
Shuttle vans will be available post-event to transport runners back to the host hotels.
Shuttle vans are available before and after the race to transport participants, family and friends to and from the event site. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to allow for the extra time needed to shuttle to the event site.
FAMILY & CREW PARKING
We encourage everyone to purchase a parking pass for Spooner Lake, Nevada State Park. There is no free event parking within Spooner Lake, Nevada State Park. Use the fee envelope if there is no attendant in the Fee Booth or you will be ticketed.
100 Mile – $290
50 Mile – $155
55K – $135
Requests for cancellation and refund must be submitted by no later than 6:00 pm on Sunday, March 11, 2018. The refund amount will be the original registration fee, minus a $30 administrative fee. Please note that carry-over registration is no longer available, except in the case of an active military deployment or death in the family. Refunds will not be issued for carry over registrations. In general, refunds will not be issued after 6:00 pm Sunday, March 11, 2018. Very limited exceptions, such as verified sudden family emergencies, bereavements and military activation will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Race Director.
RACE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR BARTERED IN ANY WAY. Runners may be required to provide valid I.D. at registration check-in.
SEND REQUESTS FOR REFUND TO:
Angela Sullivan, Registration Director
- Include full name, current mailing address and event distance.
- Requests submitted with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Refunds will be credited to the credit card used on UltraSignUp.com.
The Tahoe Rim Trail 55K/50M/100M Endurance Runs is a beneficiary event with all net proceeds donated equally between to the Tahoe Rim Trail Association’s trail maintenance program, the Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park’s backcountry mountain bike patrol and other supportive organizations. Tahoe Mountain Milers Running Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We do not make any profit from this event. All supplies, food product, clothing items, awards, signs and other items that are not part of a sponsorship contribution are purchased prior to the event in numbers adequate to accommodate the total number of possible registrants. If unlimited refunds were issued they would result in either a direct loss to our clubs’ coffers and/or would reduce the final contribution to our beneficiaries. In addition, we would end up with non-refundable products and perishable items.
PLEASE NOTE: The Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs have filled early the past four years and many interested runners were placed on the event’s waiting list in hope they would be able to run. Out of courtesy to your fellow runners PLEASE let us know in advance if you are not able to attend so others can fill the vacant slot. Registered runners who DNS (do not show) AND DNC (do not call) without valid, acceptable excuse MAY risk not being able to participate the following year. We sincerely hope you understand our decision.
UPGRADE / DOWNGRADE POLICY
Runners registered for the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs may upgrade or downgrade their event distance under the following conditions:
- All Upgrades must be submitted no later than 6:00 pm, Saturday, July 7th, 2018
- All Downgrades must be submitted no later than 6:00 pm, Saturday, July 14th, 2018
Submit Upgrade/Downgrade Requests To: Angela Sullivan, Registration Director (775) 720-1265
Any exceptions will be the decision of the Race Director. In the absence of the Race Director the decision may be made by the Assistant Race Director.
There will be no change of distance during the race (i.e., an individual registered to run the 50M course MAY NOT downgrade to the 55K course once the event has started). Any runners who do not complete the entire distance for which they are registered will be disqualified and listed as DNF (Did Not Finish).
Runners may request an upgrade to a longer distance up until the request deadline but the upgrade will not be considered complete until the difference in registration fees is received by race management officials AND all required documentation is received. Additional fees and required forms should be mailed to:
Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs
890 W. Robinson St.
Carson City, NV 89703
ADDITIONAL FEES REQUIRED FOR UPGRADE.
IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE YOUR RACE DISTANCE, YOU WILL NEED TO SEND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR CURRENT EVENT COST AND YOUR UPGRADE EVENT COST. UPGRADE LEVELS:
$20 — From the 55K to the 50M event ($155 – $135 = $20)
$155 — From the 55K to the 100M event ($290- $135 = $155) – submit the additional payment along with proof of meeting the event’s Qualification Standards and Volunteer Requirements.
$135 — From the 50M to the 100M event ($290 – $155 = $135) – submit the additional payment along with proof of meeting the event’s Qualification Standards and Volunteer Requirements.
- Runners may request a downgrade in distance but no refund will be issued.
- If runners registered for the 100-mile event have not submitted proof of completion of their Volunteer Requirements by July 9th, 2018, they will automatically be downgraded to the 50 mile event. NO REFUNDS!